St. Paul’s Christian Church is seeking a part-time Social Services Navigator. The Navigator would be the first point of contact for Montagnard families (indigenous people from Vietnam who have immigrated to the United States) and other community members who need assistance with applications, healthcare appointments, or accessing other health and human services resources. The goal of the Navigator is to empower Montagnard community members so that they become more confident accessing these resources independently. The Navigator would also offer vocational counseling for Montagnard young adults recently graduated from high school or college, who are deciding on a career path.
● Fluent in English and comfortable communicating with people who are ESL speakers.
● Familiarity with health and human services resources, such as food stamps, medicaid, etc., and able to accurately complete application forms.
● Competency in navigating online social service platforms, job applications, email, etc.
● Flexibility and ability to relate easily with immigrants and refugees.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive personal information.
● Ideally, the candidate would also have a background in social work and/or counseling. Social work graduate students are also encouraged to apply.
● Position is 6-8 hours per week, with potential to increase hours in the future.
● Regular “office hours” to meet with community members seeking assistance would be on Sunday afternoons, and additional hours would be throughout the week as needed. Must also have availability to attend weekday appointments as necessary.
● Based in Raleigh, NC.
● Pay is $15 per hour.
● Start Date: June 2021.
St. Paul’s Christian Church believes all people are created and loved by God. Therefore, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, or national origin.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested applicants should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to St. Paul’s Christian Church, 3331 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh NC 27612.