Skip to main content

How To Apply

Applicants to the UNC School of Social Work must submit their applications through the UNC Graduate School. You must complete the application process through the UNC Graduate School to be considered for admission to our MSW and doctoral degree programs.

Your application and all other required materials (including application fee, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and other materials) must be submitted online using the UNC Graduate School admission portal. You will create a personal online account to manage your application. This account will also allow you to check your application status.

Please bookmark this UNC Graduate School web page — it provides a direct link to the online application AND comprehensive details on everything you’ll need to apply:

Instructions for Graduate Applicants