Professional organizations offer opportunities to network with other social work professionals, to access training opportunities for professional development, and to be part of a representative voice for your profession.
We’ve compiled a list of several active professional organizations and boards for social work, each with its own unique role. This is a short list, and we encourage our students to seek out and become involved in the professional organizations of their choice.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- National Association of Black Social Workers (NABSW)
- North American Association of Christians in Social Work
- Council on Social Work Education
- Society for Social Work Research
- American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work (ABE)