UNC School of Social Work publishes a MSW Curriculum Manual, updated each year. This manual serves as a comprehensive guide to all student policies and practices, including generalist and specialization curricula; grading and grade appeals; licensure guidelines; and technical standards for professional and ethical behavior.
You will find answers to many of your questions about the MSW curriculum in the manual. Please become familiar with the policies and practices that apply to you.
Recent manuals are posted here for review and download. Some of the most frequently requested forms are also posted here for review and download. If you need a form that is not posted here, please visit the Office of Student Affairs for a current version of the form.
You may also want to review the UNC Graduate School Handbook, particularly if you are enrolled in a dual-degree program. All professional schools at UNC-Chapel Hill follow the University’s policies as outlined in the UNC Graduate School Handbook.
MSW Curriculum Manual
- MSW Curriculum Manual, 2021-2022
- MSW Curriculum Manual, 2020-2021
- MSW Curriculum Manual, 2019-2020
- MSW Curriculum Manual, 2018-2019
- MSW Curriculum Manual, 2017-2018
MSW Curriculum Forms (selected)
- FERPA Release of Information
- Technical Standards for Professional and Ethical Behavior
- Change of Faculty Advisor Request
- Generalist Course Exemption Request
- Specialization Course Exception Request
- 3-Year MSW Program Exception Request
- Directed Independent Study Request
- Credit Overload Approval Request
- Contract to Complete An Incomplete Grade
- Transfer of Course Credit (policy and procedure)
- Leave of Absence Request
- Reinstatement Request
- Readmission Application
Additional forms are available to download from the UNC Graduate School website.