Each year (usually in April), our School hosts Welcome Weekend for “future students” who have been admitted to the MSW program. This two-day event provides an opportunity to learn more about graduate student life at UNC-Chapel Hill as you make your final decision about enrollment.
The schedule for Welcome Weekend is packed with activities. (Each is optional, so you can choose the activities that interest you most.) Usually, the schedule includes these choices:
- Sample class — Direct Practice concentration
- Sample class — Community, Management, and Policy Practice concentration
- Overview session — curriculum, concentrations, field education
- Overview session — financial aid
- Panel discussions with current students
- Small group discussions with current students
- Info fair — registration, residency requirements, dual-degree programs, housing, etc.
- Info fair — student organizations
- Self-guided tour
Welcome Weekend is a perfect opportunity to meet future classmates and explore our beautiful campus. You must register for Welcome Weekend to participate, and newly-admitted students will receive an invitation with full details.
There is no fee to register for Welcome Weekend, but each participant is responsible for any personal expenses, such as hotel stays or restaurant meals. (Use the Visit Chapel Hill website to help plan your trip.)
Still deciding about enrollment? Download our New Student Guide for more information.
Sharon Thomas, Assistant Dean of Recruitment, Admissions, and Financial Aid, 929-962-4367