Practice: Family Ties Counseling, PLLC
Job Title: Mental Health Clinician
Location: Virtual and in-person sessions- Durham, North Carolina
W-2 Position: 10-15 clients per week with full time growth potential (20-25 clients per week)
Family Ties Counseling, PLLC (FTC) is a small private practice that provides mental health outpatient treatment for individuals, couples, children, families and groups since its inception in 2019. FTC addresses a variety of mental health needs like trauma, anxiety, depression, parenting support, foster care and adoption, and behavioral difficulties in children. FTC aims to promote growth and healing through utilization of evidence-based modalities. FTC was founded on the belief that we are all intricately connected to ourselves, others and the world. Mental wellness mirrors the work of a gardener in that it requires attention, care and patience. Without work seeds will not grow and flowers will wither and fade away. With effort comes transformation, from just a seed to bright bursts of color and beauty. Our vision is to provide culturally competent mental health services to promote positive individual growth and psychological wellness. At FTC, we believe that through safe and supportive relationships with our clients, we can work collaboratively to build upon strengths and identify new pathways to make lasting change.
FTC desires to add a clinician to our growing team to expand services in our community. FTC is seeking a well-rounded and creative clinician that can offer a distinctive approach in providing growth and healing in working with our clients.
Mental Health Director/Owner Julie Hansford Franco, LCSW
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provided evidence-based treatments with individuals, couples, children and families such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Gottman Method for Couples, Parent Child Interaction Therapy, Schema Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy etc.
• Provide diagnostic assessment that include and identify familial, emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
• Formulate, develop, and implement comprehensive treatment plans utilizing evidence-based approaches.
• Adhere to confidentiality around client information.
• Document assessments, treatment plans, interactions and interventions using FTC’s electronic medical record-Simple Practice.
• Maintain a weekly caseload of 10-15 clients.
Qualifications for the Position
• Master’s degree in Human Services Field (e.g., Social Work, Psychology, Counseling)
• Must be a licensed mental health professional in North Carolina (Associate/Provisional License is acceptable)
• Experience providing trauma-informed and culturally responsive clinical practice.
• Training in evidence-based treatments.
• Working knowledge of relevant social, legal and cultural issues that affect client care (e.g., trauma, immigration status).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with electronic medical record applications preferred.
• Preference given to Bilingual and/or BIPOC therapists.
• Integrity, sound ethical decision making and strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently, seek out resources and work collaboratively
FTC utilizes a per session percentage split based on level of licensure comparable to other private practices in the field. Supervision will be provided for associate level clinicians.
Please send personalized letter of interest and resumes to Julie Hansford Franco, Mental Health Director/Owner to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about Family Ties Counseling, PLLC please visit our website: http://www.familytiescounselingpllc.com