This is a senior level position that requires 10+ years of direct and administrative experience working within North Carolina’s Intellectual/Developmental Disability service area. Responsible for and daily operations and ensuring effective execution of program strategy to support the ongoing development of programs improve outcomes for individuals served. Plans, develops, administers, and evaluates all programs/services and ensures all programs/services are in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, policies and procedures in multi county area (Alamance/Orange/Randolph/Durham.
Email (email@example.com) a cover letter, resume, writing sample and list of 3 references (Someone that has managed you; someone you have managed and an additional reference that can speak to your I/DD programming leadership experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Education and Experience: Senior I/DD Management Position (10+ years of I/DD and Supervision Experience in the field)
• Advanced knowledge of HCBS and Vocational Rehabilitation services; I/DD service field.
• Signing Bonus/Some remote work/Excellent health package and PTO benefits
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead strategies and implementation for programs across all lines of business programming at OE. Overall direction and management of the Day Programs; Provide support to employment service division.
• Supervises, directs, and manages the activities of the agency’s service delivery programs, ensuring licensure and evaluation standard compliance.
• Assesses, develops, and completes planning for services through analyzing needs, current and future demands for services, available resources and suggestions from all stakeholder groups including staff, clients, families and the general public.
• Responsible for oversight and satisfactory operation of three licensed Community Rehabilitation Facilities
• Initiates, reviews, and approves recommendations pertaining to all phases of clinical treatment, staffing, physical environment, and administrative management of programs and facilities.
• Develops and maintains effective intra/interagency relationships to ensure effective coordination and provision of programs and services.
• Interprets and ensures compliance with program licensure, funding regulations, and evaluation standards through program policy and procedure development and review, record audits and supervision of QP’s and other personnel.
• Monitors each program’s medical records audit process. Develops compliance plans for MCO, DHHS, Medicaid and any other external audits.
• Performs a variety of administrative duties associated with supervising staff, to include interviewing, instructing, assigning, appraising and disciplining.
• Develops, directs and/or coordinates the application process recredentialing; facility licensing; Critical Incident reporting; CARF accreditation, etc.
• Provides disability specific training, consultation, education and technical assistance to the staff and the community including new employee on boarding and training.
• Develops services based on need and identifies/recommends funding allocations accordingly.
• Prepares, reviews, and manages annual budgets.
• Develops and implements Individual Support Plans and facilitates team meetings as necessary.
• Completes Quarterly Reports for Services Provided.
• Completes authorization requests through designated online portals.
• Attends seminars, training, conferences and meetings to maintain current knowledge of issues, trends, best practices, and developments in the field of Intellectual/Developmental Disability services.
• Performs a variety of administrative duties pertaining to the management of services, to include assisting in the preparation of State performance contracts, federal compliance reports and fiscal, personnel and other administrative documents.
• Coordinates procurement of facilities for program services; and authors, maintains, and monitors compliance with contracts and agreements for the provision of/purchase of services and supplies.
• Develop and maintain key state and federal relationships, coordinate and participate on departmental and state committees, and other activities, meetings and trainings.
• Oversee and participate in the relationship with the Community Based Care partners to ensure effective joint operations.
• Ensure positive relationships and feedback loops with the community and other stakeholders.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Coordinates, conducts, and writes Annual and Quarterly reviews of client status/progress.
• Coordinates service delivery and ensure quality of life for adults with disabilities.
• Assures that programs are developed, coordinated, integrated, reviewed, and implemented in a timely manner.
• Observes direct care worker implementation of active treatment goals with clients and provides hands on training as needed.
• Provides staff with in-service training on a proactive and consistent basis.
• Recruits, interviews, selects, trains, mentors, performance manages, disciplines, and recommends termination for assigned staff as needed
• Maintains minimum Intermediate Care Facility/Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (ICF/IDD) federal standards for annual review & CARF Accreditation
• Implements all procedures regarding client billing including but not limited to oversight daily, weekly, monthly goal outcomes and billing requirements per consumer- oversight of client billing
• Assists with on call coverage as needed
• Maintains effective communication between management, staff, families, and program providers
• Actively carries out building safety routines, and takes the initiative to correct safety hazards or reports hazards to proper supervisory personnel
• Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team to ensure appropriate active treatment for clients
• Chairs the Clients Rights Committee
• Completes incident reports
• Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and crisis intervention using agency-trained protocol
• Performs other duties as assigned
Senior Management: SALARY RANGE: : $70,000’s-$80,000’s
HOW TO APPLY:
• Email (email@example.com) a cover letter, resume, writing sample and list of 3 references (Someone that has managed you; someone you have managed and an additional reference that can speak to your I/DD programming leadership experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• An acceptable background check to include a local, state, & federal criminal history check and sex offender registry check; drug screen; reference check
• A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Full COVID-19 Vaccination Status
• Provide transcripts upon job offer
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Commensurate with Experience: Hiring range: $70,000’s-$80,000’s
Paid time off
This position is majority in person at OE facilities. (Asheboro, Burlington, Hillsborough) & community based with some remote work possible