Music Maker Relief Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that preserves American musical traditions by directly supporting the senior musicians that make it, ensuring their voices will not be silences by poverty and the passage of time. Music Maker gives future generations access to their cultural heritage through documentation, education and live performance programs that build knowledge of and appreciation for America’s musical traditions.
Since our founding in 1994, we have partnered with nearly 500 artists, issued more than 190 CDs and reached nearly 2 million people with live performances in 42 states, and 32 countries around the globe.
Our program headquarters is located in historic Hillsborough, NC. We currently have 3 full-time and 1 part-time employees. Find out more at www.musicmaker.org
Contracted Position: Artist Services Coordinator
This is a contract position working remotely 10-15 hours per week beginning immediately and working at least until June 30, 2021. Hours are flexible but must be worked Mon-Fri between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm and be consistent from week to week. An outgoing personality, a bachelor’s degree in social work and 2-4 years of relevant experience are required. Pay will be an hourly rate of $20-$30 per hour commensurate with experience. You must provide your own telephone and internet service. We can provide a computer to work on if needed. Your clients will be senior musicians located across the South, primarily African American blues and gospel artists.
• Assist partner artists in accessing Covid-19 vaccination
• Assist partner artists in securing federal stimulus payments
• Evaluate partner artist’s (client) medical or physical condition and to assess partner artist’s (client) needs.
• Refer partner artist or family to resources to assist in recovery from illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medicine and food resources
• Interface with services on artist’s behalf
• Counsel partner artists in individual sessions to help them overcome challenges, recover from illness, and meet basic needs.
• Monitor, evaluate, and record partner artist progress according to measurable goals
• Maintain records of interactions with partner artists
• Bachelor’s degree in social work with 3-4 years relevant experience, MSW with 1-2 years relevant experience
• Current social work license, valid driver’s license and dependable transportation with auto liability insurance
• Thorough knowledge of social work principles, techniques and practices and their applications to complex casework, and treatment
• Adherence to the practice standards and ethical guidelines of NASW and the NC Certification Board for Social Work
• Considerable knowledge of governmental and private organizations and resources in the community
• Ability to communicate effectively and establish supportive client relationships
• Ability to work effectively and autonomously in a self directed role
• Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Ability to manage a wide variety of projects/demands at one time with quality execution and on time delivery.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Experience with databases
• Love of traditional American music