This year, the School of Social Work established five new annual awards to recognize outstanding faculty members: The Excellence in Advising MSW Students Award, Excellence in Mentoring Doctoral Students Award, Excellence in Mentoring Faculty Award, Excellence in Service to the School and University Award, and the Excellence in Public Service and Engagement Award.
Associate Dean for Faculty Development Matthew Howard was instrumental in creating and promoting these awards. Faculty committees were organized to establish the guidelines for each award, review nominations and select the recipients.
“It took a great deal of thought and work on Dr. Howard’s and the committee’s parts, and these awards are extremely meaningful to the faculty to receive individual recognition and to the School social climate as a whole,” said Richman.
The 2013 award recipients are:
- Natasha Bowen, Excellence in Doctoral Student Mentoring Award
- Rebecca Brigham, Excellence in School and University Service Award
- Wanda Reives, Excellence in MSW Student Advising Award
- Mark Testa, Excellence in Faculty Mentoring Award
- Evelyn Williams, Excellence in Public Engagement Award
“I am very proud of what we collectively do here at the School and these faculty members help to lead the way, every day,” said Dean Jack Richman. “Please join me in congratulating each of them.”