Six faculty members and two staff members were recently honored with 2017 UNC School of Social Work recognition awards. Recipients were nominated by colleagues and students in the School of Social Work, and the awards were presented April 20 at the last faculty meeting of the academic year.
The School established the awards program in 2013 to recognize the high quality work of faculty and staff. Winners receive a cash award, a personal plaque, and inclusion on a perpetual plaque located in the lobby of the School.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Associate professor Gary Cuddeback, Excellence in Research
- Professor Rebecca Macy, Excellence in Faculty Mentoring
- Clinical assistant professor Josh Hinson, Excellence in Public Service and Engagement
- Applications analyst Larry Rosenfeld, Excellence in Service to the School and/or University
- Clinical associate professor Kirsten Kainz, Excellence in Mentoring Doctoral Students
- Clinical associate professor Tina Souders, Excellence in Advising MSW Students
- Clinical assistant professor Travis Albritton, Excellence in Teaching
- Facility maintenance coordinator Andy Chrismon, Excellence in Staff Performance
In addition to this year’s awards, the School’s Honors and Awards Committee presented administrative officer Dana Caudill with a special commendation “for her excellence in staff performance during the last twelve months.”