The Family Support Program (FSP) serves as the central office for the Family Support Network™ of North Carolina, a statewide collaboration of 12 community programs that are committed to helping families with children who have special needs.
Through this network, FSP serves families with premature infants or with children who have (or are at risk for) developmental disabilities, behavioral disorders, or chronic illness.
FSP also works directly with service providers across North Carolina to provide training, assistance with policy and curriculum development, program evaluation, research, and other organizational support.
Some of FSP’s most visible programs are listed here:
- Focus on Family and Disability seminar series
- Summer Camp Directory for children with special needs
- Parent-to-parent programs
- Support for siblings of children who have disabilities
- Referrals to service providers
- Workshops for families
- Workshops for service providers across the state
Visit the Family Support Program website for more information.