Work as part of the UNC Tobacco Treatment & Weight Management Program with the following responsibilities:
• Assist the needs of patients as they present and determine the best course of care for that individual.
• Refer patients who exceed scope of service to appropriate health care providers.
• Work with program participants to create tobacco use and dependence treatment plans.
• Provide both brief and intensive behavioral counseling (individually, in groups, and/or over the phone), to facilitate behavior change related to tobacco use or obesity. Treatment modalities include motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, goal setting, and action-planning. Treatment settings include inpatient, outpatient, cancer center, and worksites.
• Provide Care Coordination as related to the tobacco treatment plan. Tasks may include such things as: coordinating with pharmacies and providers to ensure patients can access necessary medications, scheduling patient appointments and ensuring program materials are kept up-to-date.
• Document patient visits appropriately and communicate with other treatment providers, including Medical Director, as necessary.
Other Duties and Special Projects:
• Perform other duties and special projects as may be assigned by work unit manager. Duties and special projects may include, but are not limited to, things such as scholarship and provider training.