Therapist will co-lead primary care based parenting groups in Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh as part of a 5-year research study.
Child Adult Relationship Enhancement in Primary Care (PriCARE)/Criando Niños con Cariño is an evidence-based, 6-session, group positive parenting intervention designed to strengthen parent-child relationships, decrease harsh parenting, and improve child behaviors.
Intervention delivery involves strict adherence to manualized program that is skill based and focuses on child-led play in order to enhance child development and promote a warm relationship between the caregiver and child. The second phase of the program provides instruction and skill building in caregiver directed commands and strategic ignoring in order to implement effective discipline.
This program is delivered by two licensed clinical social workers during 6 weekly 90-minute sessions to groups of 6-10 parents of 2-6-year-old children. At this time, all parenting groups are virtual. There is a possibility for in-person groups in the future.
• Master’s degree required
• Requires a flexibility of hours, including some evening and weekend work
• Must have previous experience treating children/parents
• Experience facilitating therapeutic groups preferred
• Background in child development preferred
• Specific knowledge regarding young children preferred
• Native or bilingual proficiency in Spanish is preferred
• PriCARE/Cariño groups will be virtual initially; in person groups may resume in the future
• Pay is $40/hour
• 2-year commitment requested, with option to extend contract
• Hours/week will vary from 0-5
• Therapist will attend 2-day paid virtual PriCARE training
• Therapist will conduct parenting group sessions in Spanish or English
• Therapist will participate in regular supervision meetings
Please email your CV to Samantha_Schilling@med.unc.edu to apply.