Who We Seek
Triangle J Council of Governments seeks a highly detail-oriented and motivated Aging Program Associate to join a dynamic team of professionals dedicated to promoting the highest level of well-being of older adults and their caregivers in a seven-county region.
Description of Work
The successful candidate will perform a variety of administrative, data management, meeting planning and staff support activities. The program associate will respond to information requests, arrange and coordinate meetings and events; provide support to assigned committees, including recording and distributing accurate minutes; collect information; update databases and other pertinent records; and assist with assigned projects or programs. The program associate will have frequent contact with the public and serve as the administrative point of contact for county community advisory committee volunteers supporting the long-term care ombudsman program.
The program associate will serve as the primary staff support for the TJCOG Area Agency on Aging. Visit https://www.tjcog.org/aging for information on some of the programs on which the program associate may be working.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently within the framework of general policy guidance to support of a team of busy professionals in the field of aging and long-term care.
• Working knowledge of the long-term care system and of aging services is necessary, along with general knowledge about the needs of aging adults, adults with disabilities and family caregivers.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to provide a high level of customer service.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat and general office equipment is needed.
• Experience using Constant Contact or online publishing with Content Management Systems is helpful.
Education and Experience
Required: An associate’s degree with at least 2 years of experience in a related human services field.
Preferred: A bachelor’s degree with some experience in a related human services field.
Or: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range: $31,038 – $49,661.
Benefits: The Triangle J Council of Governments offers a generous benefits package including paid vacation and sick leave; NC Local Government Retirement System; 401(k); health, dental, vision and life insurance; health spending account, flexible spending account for child/dependent care expenses; and flexible work schedules.
Providing a platform for collaboration among local governments, stakeholders, and partners in our diverse region of NC. See the kind of work we do here.
How to Apply
1. Download TJCOG employment application at: https://www.tjcog.org/about/our-job-opportunities
2. Send completed application package (cover letter, completed application and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Program Associate.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Position is open until filled. Initial review of applications begins September 24, 2021.
TJCOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and designated Best Workplace for Commuters.