Overview of the Position
Are you passionate about fostering social justice through evidence-based and culturally
informed programs? Do you care deeply about promoting equitable access to high-quality
education? Do you enjoy collaborating to advance organizational mission and impact? If YES,
consider joining our dynamic team in the fight for educational equity!
Helps Education Fund is hiring multiple positions for Program Trainers and Coaches. We
are looking for experienced educators to facilitate engaging and interactive trainings in several
of our evidence-based programs in literacy and/or mathematics. Our trainers provide workshops
in-person and in virtual contexts to a wide range of individuals, including educators (in and
outside of schools), educational administrators, parents and caregivers, reading specialists,
paraprofessionals, and staff of community-based organizations, among others.
In addition to training responsibilities, individuals in this position will provide high-quality
coaching to trainees to ensure their long-term success with implementing Helps Education
Fund’s research-based literacy and/or mathematics programs.
Although not a requirement of the position, Program Trainers and Coaches will also have the
option to facilitate adult and family literacy classes with adult students who are incarcerated in
North Carolina Department of Public Safety (NCDPS) prisons.
This position has the option to be full- or part-time.
The ideal candidate:
● Has a demonstrated commitment to advancing educational equity
● Is a self-motivated, service- and results-oriented educator with a passion for training and
coaching a diverse range of audiences in high-quality, evidence-based educational
● Has at least 2-5 years of training and/or teaching experience (K-12 and/or adult
education) or equivalent professional experiences
● Has the desire and ability to gain in-depth understanding of multiple evidence-based
literacy and/or mathematics programs, including the ability to successfully implement
● Has a proven track record of successfully training and/or teaching individuals from
historically underserved populations and communities
● Is highly organized and has the capacity to work effectively on multiple activities
● Has the ability to cultivate strong, reciprocal relationships with schools and community
partners with the goal of developing and growing training and coaching opportunities
● Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional qualifications that are not required, but beneficial for this position include:
● Experience teaching or facilitating trainings virtually
● Experience with evidence-based programming
● Ability to provide training and coaching in Spanish
● Ability to create clear and compelling communication materials for trainings
Helps Education Fund is committed to cultivating a diverse environment and continues to be an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, socio-economic class, religion, sex, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, record of arrest or conviction, genetics, disability, age,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
D. Primary Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities for Program Trainers and Coaches include:
● Facilitating engaging and informative training opportunities in several of Helps Education
Fund’s evidence-based literacy and/or mathematics programs
● Providing high-quality coaching by using evidence-based practices
● Facilitating clear communications for those receiving training and coaching (such as
effectively communicating about workshop registration, logistics, additional resources,
and future training opportunities)
● Cultivating and maintaining relationships with schools, community-based organizations,
and individuals to offer and grow Helps Education Fund’s training and coaching services
● Assisting Program Directors with coordinating training and coaching services
● Assisting with promoting training workshops on Helps Education Fund’s website, on
social media, and via email campaigns
● Helping to refine and improve training and coaching processes or models
● Evaluating Helps Education Fund’s training and coaching services
● When needed, working with Program Directors to develop new trainings
Note: As previously indicated, for those who have interest, there are also opportunities to
provide adult and family literacy programming with individuals who are currently incarcerated in
North Carolina. If this is of interest to you, please address this in your cover letter.
Application Process and Details
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications will be reviewed by a hiring committee and interviews will be scheduled with the
most qualified applicants. The anticipated start date of this position is somewhat flexible, but we
are aiming for it to be in mid- to late-October 2021.
To apply, email your resume (or a CV) and a cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write in the subject line, “Program Trainer and
Coach application – Your first and last name”
In your cover letter, please provide your salary requirement and desired employment
type (full- or part-time). Salary and benefits for this position are competitive and will be
commensurate with experience.
Questions about the position should be sent to Dr. Pamela Gilchrist and Dr. Haruna
Suzuki at email@example.com.