Job: Program Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Hiring Range: $45,000-$52,000/year, commensurate with education and experience
Benefits: Retirement, Paid Time Off & Holidays
Boomerang Youth’s mission is to inspire youth to bounce back from challenges and move toward positive change. We envision a community where all youth view themselves – and others view them – as whole and worthy community members. The Program Manager position is part of a dedicated team that works with middle and high school students, supporting them in times of crisis and beyond. At Boomerang, our culture is very important to us, creating a space where young people feel safe and respected, and where they can access their strengths to move past their challenges.
The Program Manager manages the team that coordinates programming for students served. This position leads agency efforts to strategize, implement and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives. The Program Manager helps develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and performance, and oversees multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are met on time.
1. Manage the alternative-to-suspension (ATS) Program.
a. Manage program staff (Student Coordinators, interns and volunteers) in the daily function of their roles
b. Coordinate referrals to external resources for families, as needed.
c. Manage follow up services to students served in the alternative-to-suspension component.
1. Assign staff to follow up with students.
2. Conduct regular case meetings with program staff on student follow-up.
d. Develop and coordinate summer programming activities.
e. Participate in outreach activities (some evenings and weekends)
f. Advocate for students at the school and community level through participation in community boards and committees.
2. Facilitate in-school social/emotional (SEL) groups as part of the Transitions Program and In-School Suspension Support Programs for middle school students.
a. Assess students’ immediate mental health needs, substance use levels, academic difficulties, current supports, and coping skills during 1:1 sessions.
b. Develop individual service plans with SMART goals for students.
c. Update and develop highly interactive psycho-educational groups that foster growth and development in participants.
d. Lead weekly group psycho-educational sessions
3. Program Management
a. Maintain appropriate standards of confidentiality.
b. Conduct regular program evaluation activities and contribute to program development.
c. Assist in recruiting, screening and training of support staff, contractors, volunteers, and interns.
d. Supervise Program Staff, including Student Coordinators, volunteers and interns across all program site locations.
e. Provide documentation for student files and create summary reports for distribution to families and schools
f. Collaborate on grant applications and reporting to funders.
g. Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
4. Coordinates and manages agency communication engagement efforts and outreach strategies
a. Develops and leads community outreach and engagement strategies to support program recruitment and sustainability.
1. Ensures timely creation and distribution of agency communication vehicles
(i.e., monthly newsletter, social media posts)
2. Schedules and forecasts planning for special events that publicize Boomerang and its programs to the community.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or other related human service field required; advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience of non-profit work with youth, ages 11-19, and families.
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience supervising/managing a team of professionals
· Knowledge of mental health, substance abuse and a strong understanding of the social and cultural issues facing youth and families.
· Strong organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
· Ability to perform job duties in a culturally competent manner
· Reliable transportation for travel to and from schools, meetings
· Excellent attention to detail.
We actively encourage diverse candidates to apply. Boomerang Youth, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Cover letter, resume, and three professional references are required for consideration. Please upload these documents via Indeed (Subject Line: Program Manager Vacancy Announcement: )
We will accept applications through Monday, February 21. The position will begin early
No phone calls, please.