• To prevent child abuse and neglect, enabling parents to break the cycle of abuse and neglect
• To provide in home intervention which empowers families with positive parenting skills
• Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience in a teaching or human service field. Skills in parent-child interaction, family support, and child development.
• An understanding of child maltreatment and a desire to protect children and support families
• An ability to communicate ideas clearly, listen accurately, and establish rapport with diverse populations
• Make frequent and regular home visits with families served.
• Delivers home based services and other best practice intervention by interviewing, assessing, developing, and implementing goal plans, evaluating services and documenting service delivery
• Models and enhances positive parenting skills and communication skills between parent and child, including the setting of limits and external controls, as well as child development and discipline
• Advocates on behalf of families to ensure smooth access to services as they navigate various community systems
• Maintains accurate written record of contacts and assists with the tracking and compilation of data and reports in a timely manner
• Promotes a positive image of The Parenting PATH and demonstrates an ability to work and execute responsibilities as part of a community and agency team
• Provides crisis intervention services to families and back up for colleagues as needed
• Case management assessment, treatment plans, coordination with other community agencies that provide services to the families
• Case documentation including screening, assessment, treatment planning, progress notes, monthly/quarterly summaries, termination summaries, forms and reports
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend to accomplish the job
• A valid North Carolina driver’s license with proper insurance coverage
• Ability to travel between various locations to assist families with reaching their goals
Salary: $31,200 – $37,440/year. Benefits include health and dental insurance, and four weeks of PTO.