An Occupational Training Specialist is assigned to work with adults with disabilities at the OE production facility in Randolph County. Excellent communication skills in oral & written form, flexibility and ability to work as part of a team are required. American Red Cross first aid/CPR certified (or required to pass on-site first aid). Working knowledge of community resources available to client & family. Requires use of reliable automobile; mileage will be reimbursed.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma/GED required; minimum 3 years related experience; clear background check & driving record
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Train consumers to perform job tasks using appropriate methodology including task analysis, prompting, fading, etc.
* Act as positive role model at all times
* Manage crisis situations
* Develop training activities appropriate for consumer that will develop new skills
* Assist consumers in developing and implementing goals
* Complete all necessary documentation
* Assure all regulations are met
* Communicate regularly with internal staff and involved parties to assure progress
* Assure work environment meets safety standards
* Assure consumers’ safety and health
* Assure use of all needed assistive technology and accommodations
* Assure consumers are meeting all quality standards in a timely manner
* Assure work environment is set up to maintain maximum efficiency and accuracy
* Participate in meetings with caregivers, other agencies, program managers, co-workers and any other appropriate individuals
* Adheres to established schedules to assure client coverage.
* Assist with transportation needs of consumers
* Advocate for consumer
OE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.-$15.00 per hour