OE ENTERPRISES JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Employment Services Lead-Alamance County
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Occupational Training Specialists, Retention Coordinators
Job Development Specialists, Job Coaches; Retention Coordinator
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Meets QP status for the state of NC
Two years’ supervisory experience
Three years’ experience with persons who have I/DD
Preferred three years’ experience in employment services
Preferred experience in person centered planning
The Employment Services Lead works closely with persons served and other members of support team to develop individual employment plans and provide career path opportunities. This position serves as an advocate for persons served and assures quality services through efficient and effective use of direct service staff. Provides daily oversight for program and assures individual and program goals are met.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Receive referrals in order to evaluate services needed and eligibility for services.
· Coordinate admission with client, Vocational Rehabilitation, OE Enterprises admission committee.
· Complete all procedures for intake.
· Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with affiliate agencies including but not limited to Vocational Rehabilitation, School Systems, MCOs, residential providers, and DSS.
· Complete CBA’s
· Engage in job development work and have a small job development caseload
· Collaborate with individuals served and support team to develop and implement person-centered/rehabilitation/evaluation plans that fit aptitudes, education levels, and career goals.
· Monitor and record clients’ progress in order to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
· Identify barriers to employment, (inaccessible work sites, scheduling conflicts, transportation problems, etc.) and work with individuals and/or support team to develop strategies for overcoming barriers.
· Maintain close contact with clients during job training and placements, in order to resolve problems and evaluate placement adequacy.
· Participate in job development and placement as needed, including evaluating success of placements.
· Work with team to schedule individual coverage needs.
· Work with team to implement, and monitor any behavior intervention guidelines.
· Address any immediate behavior, medical, or vocational problems an individual may be experiencing.
· Maintain careful written records and documentation of all information and actions taken on behalf of individual served, ensuring records meet all required standards.
· Provide follow-up services as needed.
· Prepare and monitor monthly, quarterly, annual, and periodic evaluation reports for individuals served.
· Develop, evaluate, and assign work tasks/sites for evaluation/work training purposes.
· Counseling and crisis intervention.
· Participate as member of the Quality Assurance Committee, Placement Meeting, Transportation, and OE Enterprises Admissions/Discharge Committee as assigned.
· Represent the organization and its mission by educating community members about the critical importance of employment.
· Maintain a safe work environment
· Manages personnel by interviewing, hiring, evaluating, supervising, and helping to develop the most qualified individuals to work as direct support professionals. Ensures payroll procedures are followed through ADP. Provides effective and efficient scheduling of staff to meet the needs and goals of individuals supported and provides on-call 24 hour staff assistance during emergencies.
· Coordinate, implement, and participate in direct support professional staff training and in-services by orienting new staff, scheduling staff for trainings, and maintaining training records.
· Develop and maintain positive community business relationships for the purpose of finding people gainful employment and advancement that provides a meaningful experience;
· Assist with career counseling, evaluation, skills training/assessment, job readiness training and other activities related to employment transition, and successful job placement;
· Work with employers/businesses to remove employment barriers and resolve issues related to community integration and independence for people with disabilities;
· Assure monitoring and documentation of each person’s progress by developing and maintaining tracking and progress reports in a professional and timely manner as it pertains to the person’s employment, individual plans, and billing requirements.
· Utilize and understand state VR business management system (BEAM) to enter individual progress to submit payments for achieved outcomes.
· Submit new enrollments and authorizations for services funded through MCOs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour