Richmond County Government is seeking a Full-Time Social Worker Supervisor III for the Child Protective Services Unit with the Department of Social Services.
Work in this class involves the supervision of a staff of social workers who provide direct services to clients. Employees may spend time in direct services to clients and their families. Positions assign cases to subordinates, coordinate work flow operations, and supervise staff through case review and consultation which requires the provision of substantial and recurring technical direction. Positions are responsible for staff training, resolving problems for agencies and clients and ensuring that quality services are provided. Positions may provide input on administrative, personnel, and budget issues. Employees report to a higher level supervisor or administrator.
1. Working knowledge of methods and principles of casework supervision and training.
2. Considerable knowledge of social work principles, techniques and practices and their application to specific casework.
3. Considerable knowledge of behavioral and socioeconomic problems and their treatment and governmental and private organizations and community resources.
4. Considerable knowledge of assessment, treatment and intervention techniques for mental health, addiction and disabilities.
5. Considerable knowledge of the laws, regulations and policies which govern social work programs.
6. Ability to supervise and train social workers, interns, students and other staff.
7. Ability to plan and execute work effectively.
8. Ability to organize, track, monitor, and establish systems that adhere and support regulations and policies which govern the program.
9. Ability in establishing rapport with a client and in applying techniques or assessing psychosocial, behavioral, and psychological aspects of client problems.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in social work from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of directly related experience; or
Bachelor’s degree in social work from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of directly related experience: or
Master’s degree in a human services field from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of directly related experience: or
Bachelor’s degree in a human services field form and appropriately accredited institution and tree years of directly related experience: or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
All applications received will be considered but not necessarily interviewed. Candidates must have a valid state driver’s license and a clean driving record. A Criminal Background Check will be completed on applicant hired. References will be required as well as College transcripts.
Salary & Benefits – $58,140.00; group medical and dental insurance, vacation, sick leave, life insurance, retirement program and 401K.
A completed state application PD-107 must be submitted to one of the following:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Dropped off in a sealed envelope at the Richmond County Department of Social Services in the red drop box at 125 Caroline Street, Rockingham OR
NC Works First (formerly the Employment Security Commission) OR
Online at www.ncworks.gov
No phone calls please.
Application review will begin on Monday March 1, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Richmond County is an EOE.