Commonwealth Care Alliance (CCA) is on a mission to improve the health and well-being of the members and patients we so proudly serve. We deliver unparalleled, compassionate care to people with significant needs—driving incredible outcomes in the process. Our innovative uncommon care model is proven effective in addressing unmet social determinants of health, behavioral health, and medical needs.
The Behavioral Health Discharge Coordinator can work from anywhere, and MSWs are welcome to apply.
Why This Role is Important to Us
This position is intended to be a liaison for CCA members and provide care coordination support for CCA members admitted to behavioral health facilities including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, detox facilities and Clinical Stabilization Services (CSS). The Behavioral Health (BH) Discharge Coordinator interfaces with all other members of the patient’s care team to coordinate discharge planning, ensuring that the member has appropriate follow up care post-acute admission.
What We’re Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Work, Psychology or related healthcare field.
• At least one year of experience working with individuals with behavioral health conditions in a case management/care coordination capacity
• Demonstrated knowledge of mental health and substance use community resources and providers
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; comfort with using data to report activities
• Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills
• Culturally competent and ability to work with a diverse population
What You’ll Be Doing
The BH Discharge Coordinator develops and assists in the implementation of discharge and aftercare plans by:
• Working with Behavioral Health facility staff and CCA staff to identify and coordinate care plans and discharge plans tailored to the individual member’s needs.
• Connecting members to community resources and ensuring there are no barriers to their return to the community.
• Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge base of CCA benefits, network diversionary care programs, network outpatient providers and resources within the referral community for discharge planning and placement.
• Maintaining effective working relationships with facility staff, outpatient providers and other community resources.
• Facilitating communication between facility team, member, family and primary care team as needed.
• Ensuring that BH facilities submit discharge information to CCA within expected timeframes and meet CCA’s best practices guidelines, including the provision of follow up appointments within 7 days (outpatient therapy) and 14 days (medication management)
• Identifying barriers to discharge
• Providing monthly aftercare reports, identifying providers that require increased communication regarding post discharge expectations
• Providing consultation to individuals receiving services, and their families, with emphasis on transition planning and collaboration with outpatient providers
• Accessing and utilizing available internal and external resources to assist members and the treatment team with discharge planning
• Demonstrating solid judgment and finding solutions when unexpected issues arise
CCA is hiring for many clinical and macro positions. Learn more here: https://www.commonwealthcarealliance.org/about-us/careers/