The Clinical Intake Coordinator is to increase access to care to patients and families seeking eating disorders treatment through providing an initial assessment and referral for appropriate level of care, along with other resources as appropriate.
• Utilize best practice communication and patient interviewing skills to engage with inquirers, assess patient’s appropriateness for care, and navigate resistance or other barriers.
• Obtain crucial patient and family history, medical and clinical information to ensure qualification for treatment
• Responsible for completing level of care assessment, gathering medical, clinical, and other records as appropriate in a timely manner for all qualified inquiries.
• Obtains and effectively organizes crucial patient and family history, medical and clinical information. Collects, summarizes, and disseminates incoming documentation (medical, clinical, financial, administrative) received via telephone, fax, email to appropriate party, and follows up as necessary.
• Provide detailed case presentation and level of care recommendations, utilizing Veritas Collaborative’s LOC Protocol, to hospital and center medical and clinical providers.
• Clearly communicate team recommendations and next steps to patients, families, referral source and other treatment team members.
• Provide a positive environment to engage patient and/or family in assessing care.
• Effectively manage and route calls received. Provide excellent customer service and triage based on location and level of care requested.
• As a member of Intake’s National Response team, work flexible hours as assigned including evenings and weekends to support extended intake team availability
• Utilize in-person opportunities, telephone, and WebEx platforms to connect with and obtain information from patients and families.
• Timely SalesForce input for all inquiries received, including on-going clear and accurate documentation throughout the intake and assessment process.
• Master’s Degree required in related field
• Licensure (Licensed or provisionally licensed in counseling and/or mental field or equivalent preferred
• Certification preferred – Certified Eating Disorders Specialist