The Department of Psychiatry and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE), fixed-term position at the Clinical Instructor level at our outpatient clinic in Carrboro, NC. The STEP Clinic provides comprehensive psychiatric and recovery services to approximately 700 individuals, including individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. Role responsibilities for this professional include:
• Provide evidence-based psychotherapy services to adults with psychotic disorders, mood disorders, substance use disorders and other psychiatric conditions.
• Complete comprehensive clinical assessments for diagnosis and treatment planning.
• Collaborate with other professionals in our Center for Excellence in Community Mental Health including our co-located Primary Care Clinic, Community Resource Court, Individualized Placement and Support team and Assertive Community Treatment team.
• Participate in clinic and health system continuous quality improvement initiatives.
• Provide education to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient’s diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
• Maintain working knowledge of and liaison with community agencies and resources.
• Carry out other duties as assigned.