Wake Forest, NC
Neuro Community Care LLC is a fast-growing, independent Case Management provider, specializing in community-based support for persons with traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and other neurological conditions. The skilled NCC team is made up of experienced Case Managers, Case Coordinators and Community Support Specialists, as well as Supervisors, Operations staff and our Leadership Team.
NCC offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage; short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k plan, 3 weeks of vacation time, 1 week of sick time and 11 paid holidays.
Our organization is seeking a full-time Case Manager. This position will work with individuals who have brain injuries, neurological conditions and other cognitive or physical challenges. The Case Manager will identify, locate and provide community supports and resources to clients in order to reintegrate and reconnect with their communities and to increase their independence. This position reports directly to a Case Manager Supervisor, unless otherwise specified.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Review case file and complete an assessment of the client in order to aid with determining needs, services, goals and interests of the client.
• Utilize referral, case information, as well as client input to develop individualized goals, which outlines functional supports to acquire, retain, and improve independence.
• Research programs and services in areas such as employment, volunteer, recreation, transportation, day programs, education, etc.
• Identify and contact community resources in order to coordinate services and programs for the client.
• Provide and communicate information to interested parties in order to gain assistance with identifying and locating appropriate services and programs in their home communities.
• Responsible for working with Community Support Specialist (CSS) to implement identified services in order to meet the goals of the client.
• Work and communicate effectively with client, families, NCC personnel, referral sources, and other personnel to relay information about the client, goals, progress, and community resource information.
• Complete summaries and other necessary documentation in compliance with organization policies.
• Responsible for monitoring and appropriately utilizing billable hours with clients.
• Meet and work with clients in order to assist them with reintegrating and reconnecting with their communities and increase independence.
• Provide positive support and be an advocate for the client.
• Stay abreast of community resources, organizations, and programs available to all clients.
• Identify barriers, triggers, or changes in functional status in order to develop proactive interventions that promote continued independence.
• Provide coverage of local Community Support Specialist cases on a temporary basis, as needed.
• Participate in team meetings, conferences, workshops, in-service training to enhance job skills and personnel growth and development.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Ability to achieve and maintain Certified Brain Injury Specialist (within 1 year)
• Experience in disability management and knowledge of community resources
• Serve as an advocate for the client and work diligently to assist the individual in reaching their personal goals
• Be an independent thinker and observant in nature
• Possess effective training, assessment, evaluation and problem-solving skills
• Address conflict and/or concerns in a respectful and tactful manner
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in conjunction with strong listen skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with other team members and be flexible