In-Home Connections Program Coordinator
Join our small team dedicated to helping lower income older adults living in Wake County age in place with dignity with the help of volunteers who provide unskilled services in the home such as friendly visits, telephone reassurance calls, light housekeeping, paperwork assistance, and grocery shopping.
The In-Home Connections Program Coordinator plans, coordinates and administers all activities of the In-Home Connections program using a Salesforce-based online database. Activities include enrolling new care recipients and conducting in-home assessments, matching volunteers with clients waiting for services, following up with volunteers to ensure services are being provided, connecting care recipients to other resources as needed, managing volunteers trained as assessors, creating reports on volunteer services, and attending meetings with community partners to ensure coordinated support for aging adults. As with many small teams, supporting other programs at The Center for Volunteer Caregiving may be required from time to time in addition to working on The Center’s events.
The position reports to the Executive Director. This is a non-exempt, 40-hour per week position with occasional evening and weekend duties required. Salary range $33,000 – $42,000, depending on relevant experience. The Center for Volunteer Caregiving is an equal opportunity employer.
• 100% employer paid healthcare and dental insurance
• 4 weeks of paid time off (PTO) annually
• 12 paid holidays
• 401k retirement plan with employer match
The Center for Volunteer Caregiving is a nonprofit organization that has served aging adults and adults with disabilities in Wake County for 30 years. Last year, even with the COVID-19 pandemic, its volunteers provided more than 10,000 hours of services to 661 adults living in Wake County. Learn more about The Center for Volunteer Caregiving at www.volunteercaregiving.org.
- Plans, coordinates and administers all services for the In-Home Connections program to assist care receivers in living healthy and safe in their home and decrease feelings of isolation.
• Sets annual strategic goals and strategies for the In-Home Connections Program.
• Reviews, evaluates and stays current on best practices for in-home services for older adults and adults with disabilities with emphasis on health and safety.
• Evaluates program results and prepares related reports for program management.
• Manages and coordinates referrals including management of waitlist, conducting initial phone screenings, conducting in-home assessments of care recipients, and coordinating the match of volunteers to care receivers for all services in the program.
• Conducts regular follow-up with volunteers matched with clients in the program as well as clients either receiving services or waiting for services.
• Organizes and manages volunteer assessor program including training, scheduling and coordinating in-home assessments.
• Maintains database and back-up written documentation for care receivers.
• Contributes to newsletter for care receivers to strengthen connection to The Center for Volunteer Caregiving and highlight matters to help them remain healthy and safe in their homes.
• Serves as resource for the community and provides information and referral for issues related to older adults and adults with disabilities.
• Actively participates with board, staff, and volunteers in the shared responsibility to communicate, market, and fundraise for the agency.
• Performs related duties as requested or required.
Qualifications: College degree in Social Work, Health/Human Services, or related field. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office Suite and database management. Applicants who have experience with older adults and adults with disabilities and knowledge of community resources will be preferred. Previous experience in volunteer administration is a plus.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three professional references (name, email, phone number, and company name/job title) to Elaine Whitford at email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Position open until filled.