Assistant Director for Counseling
The Counseling Center/Disability Services are committed to providing confidential, culturally competent and evidenced based counseling and disability services to students. Our philosophy encourages students’ empowerment, the development of individual strengths, greater independence, and self-advocacy. The Assistant Director for Counseling’s purpose is to fulfill the mission of the Counseling Center, oversee the graduate internship and manage the electronic medical record program. This position is full-time, 11 months.
– Counsel students
– Complete paperwork, including documentation of clinical work
– Coordinate Graduate Internship Program
– Maintain and provide training for electronic medical record system
– Participate in clinical meeting (group supervision of clinical work)
– Respond and manage student crises
– Assist in staff planning, self-study, goal setting, and evaluation
– Supervise staff for licensure, as needed
– Meet requirements for clinical mental health licensure
– Seek continuing education opportunities to stay current in counseling fields
– Assist in maintaining CC/DS Database
– Assist in providing outreach programs to the MC community
– Refer students, faculty and staff to off campus resources
– Participate as a member pertinent of campus committee(s) and panel(s)
– Consult with faculty or staff regarding individual students or situations
– Consult with outside professionals
– Attend to recruitment and retention issues, including staff dynamics and team building
– May include developing and facilitating psychoeducational or therapy groups
– Masters in Counseling or related field required.
– Clinically licensed to practice in the State of North Carolina.
– A minimum of three years counseling experience.
– Crisis experience
– Some college counseling center experience preferred
– Experience in outreach and clinical supervision preferred
– Licensed to supervise
Cover Letter, Resume