Job Title: Adult Services Social Worker II
Location: Chatham County Department of Social Services
Contact Person: Nancy Burgess
Telephone number: 919-642-6905
Address to send application: Chatham County Human Resources, PO Box 1809, Pittsboro, NC 27312
For printable State of North Carolina Application (PD-107):http://oshr.nc.gov/document/nc-state-government-application-employment-pd-107
Or apply online at: https://arcg.is/0148iK
This position is part of Adult Services which is responsible for all adult services functions and programs including adult protective services, guardianship, special assistance in-home services, adult care facility monitoring and various general case management services. The primary purpose of the position is to provide direct social work services to Chatham County’s aging adults and adults with disabilities and to assist the other social workers in the adult services unit.
This position will perform a variety of supportive social work duties including:
• Taking APS reports, performing outreach visits, providing follow-up on information and referral calls, assisting with locating relatives, making required monthly and collateral contacts, providing individual family adjustment services, providing transportation needs and completing various tasks associated with short-term case management.
• Documentation of case planning and social work activities in the case record.
• Assist with various unit outreach events.
• Will participate in the rotation of on-call duties with other staff to receive and respond to reports involving allegations of adult abuse, neglect and/or exploitation during after-hours and weekends.
• Participate in shelter operations during a disaster or weather-related incidents.
Bachelor’s degree in social work from an appropriately accredited institution; bachelor’s degree in a human services field from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of directly related experience; bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two years directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid NC driver’s license. Ability to speak Spanish is an asset but is not required.
Salary grade 61; Starting at $44,009
Commensurate with credentials and experience
Position Closing Date
Open until filled.
Chatham County is an equal opportunity employer.