Request Information from the UNC School of Social Work
Make a Gift to the UNC School of Social Work
Submit a job to the UNC School of Social Work

facebook linkedin
twitter Instagram
youtube vimeo

Register for continuing education programs.

Watch Tate Talk videos online.


Financial Information

SSW Scholarship Applications

All admitted MSW students will receive the SSW scholarship application via email after their offer of admissions is sent by the UNC Graduate School. Award decisions will be sent by early March for Advanced Standing applicants, and mid-April for Full-Time and Distance Education students.  Continuing students will be emailed a link to the scholarship application in March and will receive award notifications in June.


Doctoral students should contact Brenda Vawter for information on financial assistance. See: Financial Aid for UNC School of Social Work Doctoral Students.

For detailed Information on student billing, payment options and tax reporting, please visit the University's Finance Division website.

Please see the following resources for more detailed information:

School of Social Work Scholarships and Other Awards for MSW Students

UNC Graduate School

UNC Office of Scholarships and Student Aid


Federal loans:

Students applying for federal student aid should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 of each year. After you apply, visit the Connect Carolina Student Service Center to check your application status.  An email will also be sent to your UNC email address with updates about your financial aid eligibility once the FAFSA is completed. Notifications about federal financial aid eligibility will begin in March and continue through the spring. Please contact the Office of Scholarships & Student Aid at with additional questions about federal student aid.

Emergency Loans

UNC and the School of Social Work recognize that students sometimes face unexpected financial hardships. A limited number of emergency loans are available to assist during those times.

Additional Resources for Funding

The School of Social Work encourages applicants and enrolled students to seek both internal and external resources to finance their graduate study. We have compiled a list of potential resources for funding, but please note this is not an exhaustive list of available awards.