Six faculty and one staff member were honored this month with 2018 UNC School of Social Work Recognition Awards. Recipients were nominated by colleagues and students in the School of Social Work, and the awards were presented April 19 at the last faculty meeting of the academic year.
The School established the awards program in 2013 to recognize the high quality work of faculty and staff. Winners receive a cash award, a personal plaque, and inclusion on a perpetual plaque located in the lobby of the School.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Assistant professor Paul Lanier: Excellence in Mentoring Doctoral Students
- Assistant professor Melissa Lippold: Excellence in Research Faculty
- Clinical professor Anne Jones: Excellence in Public Service and Engagement
- Behavioral Health Springboard program coordinator Tara Bohley: Excellence in Service to the School and/or University
- Clinical instructor Andrea Murray-Lichtman: Excellence in Advising MSW Students
- Clinical instructor Amy Levine: Excellence in Teaching
- Doctoral Program coordinator Brenda Vawter: Excellence in Staff Performance