The following materials related to field education at our School may be viewed online or downloaded. Enrolled students can find additional documents and forms in SSWiS.
Documents and Forms
You will find the current Field Education Program Manual posted in this section. The Program Manual is comprehensive and includes our School’s policies, procedures, and forms for every aspect of field education. Wondering about the process that matches you to your perfect field assignment? Curious about criminal background checks, dress codes, or inclement weather policies? Want to know how to apply for block placement, ad hoc placement, or placement with your current employer? It’s all in the Program Manual.
Please review the Program Manual carefully and completely. You are responsible for knowing and applying its information in your field experience.
- SSW Field Education Program Manual (large file — do not download to phone)
- Field Education Annual Report, 2018-2019
- Field Education Calendar, 2020-2021
- Field Hours, 2020-2021
- OUT in The Field (LGBTQ students and field education)
- Examples of Field Placement Agencies
- National and International Field Placements
- Field Education FAQs
Chapel Hill Generalist Year Field Placement Planning