Interested in pursuing a degree in social work? Learn more about UNC School of Social Work’s MSW program options by attending an information session or recruitment event!
Information sessions offer prospective students the chance to learn more about the admissions process and requirements, program curricula and program strengths, and how to become a competitive applicant. In addition, session attendees receive information about financial aid and have an opportunity to meet program faculty, staff and students. Each information session includes a formal presentation and plenty of opportunities to answer questions.
Although applicants are not required to attend a session, prospective students are strongly encouraged to do so.
General information sessions:
- Nov. 4, 1-3 p.m. (virtual)
- Nov. 18, 1-3p.m. (in person in SSW auditorium, Tate Turner Kuralt Building, 325 Pittsboro Street, Chapel Hill)
- Dec. 12, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (virtual)
3-Year Chapel Hill MSW Program sessions:
- Nov. 2, 5:30-7:30 p.m. (in person in SSW auditorium, Tate Turner Kuralt Building, 325 Pittsboro Street, Chapel Hill)
- Dec. 15, noon-1 p.m (virtual)
3-Year Winston-Salem MSW Program sessions:
- Nov. 9, noon- 1 p.m. (virtual)
- Nov. 16, 4-6 p.m. (in person, 5th floor of Forsyth County Department of Social Services, 741 N. Highland Avenue, Winston-Salem)
- Dec. 14, noon – 1 p.m. (virtual)
HBCU students and alumni information sessions:
Alumni and students from Historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs) are invited to join us for a special program overview. This program is designed to nurture strong links with HBCUs and academic programs that promote access to higher education and diversity on college campuses. Participants can learn more about our MSW program options and admission requirements, talk with faculty and current students who are HBCU alumni and explore opportunities for financial aid. We’ll answer all of your questions about the application process!
During the fall, prospective students also have an opportunity to meet with representatives from UNC School of Social Work at various graduate fairs, professional conferences, and other events around the country. If you aren’t able to attend an info session, the events below are a great opportunity to learn more about our MSW and doctoral degree programs.
• October 26 – Idealist Grad Fair, Boston, MA
• October 27 – Virginia Social Work Education Consortium, Rally in the Valley, Williamsburg, VA. Rally in the Valley is a conference for B.S.W. students from all over Virginia to come together.
• October 31 – Idealist, Washington, DC
• November 10-13 – Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting, Anaheim, CA
• November 14-15 – NASW North Carolina Chapter, Virtual Fall Conference
Got questions? Contact Sharon Thomas, Assistant Dean of Recruitment, Admissions, and Financial Aid, 919-962-4367