Are you part of the UNC School of Social Work community as a student, alumnus, current or former employee (faculty, staff, field instructor), advisory board member, donor, or other collaborator?
Throughout August 2021, you’re invited to share your favorite memories of the School during the “Month of Memories” series. For each day, a new prompt will be posted here and on the School’s Facebook page. Click on the link for the prompt, and you’ll see a Qualtrics form where you can post your story. The School will share some of these stories in Contact magazine, on social media, and in other publications as part of its centennial celebration.
The link for each prompt will be active until Sept. 30, 2021, and you can answer prompts for previous days as well as the current day. If anyone answers prompts from all 31 days in August, we’ll plan a special recognition for them!
“Month of Memories” prompts
- August 1: Of everyone you met while at UNC School of Social Work, who had the greatest impacy on your life … and how?
- August 2: During your time at UNC School of Social Work, what was your favorite School event? What did you like best about it?
- August 3: What was the best advice that you received from a professor or another mentor at UNC School of Social Work?
- August 4: What class would you recommend that all UNC School of Social Work students take, and why?
- August 5: If you were active in a student group (such as a caucus) at UNC School of Social Work, how were you involved and what do you remember most about the experience?
- August 6: What was your hardest semester of graduate school and why was it hard? How did you overcome the challenge?
- August 7: What was your favorite self-care activity as a graduate student?
- August 8: How did you meet your closest friend in your UNC School of Social Work classes?
- August 9: What are the most important “takeaway” ideas you remember from your classes at UNC School of Social Work? How have they influenced your career?
- August 10: Why did you decide to become a social worker?
- August 11: What was the most comic experience you had in a graduate class?
- August 12: What were the trends in fashion, entertainment, food, music, and pop culture when you were a graduate student?
- August 13: What did you and your graduate school friends do for fun on weekends and holidays?
- August 14: What was your most meaningful experience in field work?
- August 15: How would you describe your favorite place at Tate-Turner-Kuralt Building OR your favorite distance education site OR (for older alumni) Coates Building?
- August 16: What do you remember about your first days as a UNC School of Social Work student?
- August 17: How did your ideas about social work change during your first year of graduate school?
- August 18: What are some of the reasons you are proud of being a social worker?
- August 19: If you attended any programs or events in the Tate-Turner-Kuralt Building auditorium, did you prefer the main area or the balcony … and why?
- August 20: If you could change one thing about your career path today, what would it be?
- August 21: What project or activity did you complete as a graduate student that excited you most?
- August 22: How did you and your friends celebrate after completing a major project or achievement during graduate school?
- August 23: Did you experience any major disappointment during your graduate studies? How did you recover from that?
- August 24: Were you ever part of a group project that didn’t turn out as you expected? What happened, and how did you recover?
- August 25: What do you enjoy most about being a social worker?
- August 26: What was your hardest class at UNC School of Social Work, and why was it challenging?
- August 27: If you could relive one moment from graduate school, what would it be?
- August 28: If you had the opportunity to start your graduate studies again from the beginning, what would you do differently?
- August 29: What were some of the resources (such as scholarships) that made it possible for you to complete your degree?
- August 30: What was the most important decision you made as a graduate student?
- August 31: What advice would you give someone who is just beginning the MSW or Ph.D. degree program?
- BONUS: What memory of your days at UNC School of Social Work would you like to share that isn’t covered by one of the 31 daily prompts?