UNC School of Social Work presented its 2020 Excellence Awards remotely, as a result of COVID-19 restrictions.
These are the 2020 award recipients:
- Matthew O. Howard Excellence in Doctoral Student Mentoring: Gary Cuddeback
- Excellence in Faculty Mentoring: Tina Souders
- Excellence in MSW Student Advising: Monique Tuset
- Excellence in Teaching: JP Przewoznik
- Excellence in Public Service and Engagement: Debbie Barrett
- Excellence in Research: Tonya Van Deinse
- Excellence in School or University Service: Lisa Zerden
- Excellence in Staff Performance: Carolyn Adams
- Excellence in Advancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Travis Albritton
The School established this awards program in 2013 to recognize outstanding academic service by faculty and staff. Award selection is based on nominations from MSW and doctoral students, staff, and faculty members.
Award recipients receive a gift card and a recognition plaque, and they are also recognized on a large awards plaque located in the lobby of the School.