Seven faculty members and two staff members were honored with 2015 UNC School of Social Work recognition awards. They were nominated by colleagues and students in the School of Social Work, and the awards were presented April 23 at the last faculty meeting of the academic year.
The awards program was established by the School in 2013 as a formal mechanism for recognizing the high quality work that is being done by faculty and staff. Winners receive a cash award, a personal plaque, and inclusion on a perpetual plaque located in the lobby of the School.
The recipients are:
- Professor Natasha Bowen, Excellence in Faculty Mentoring Award
- Professor Iris Carlton-LaNey, Excellence in Teaching Award
- Research Professor Dean Duncan, Excellence in Research Award
- Professor Mark Fraser, Excellence in Doctoral Student Mentoring Award
- Computer Support Analyst Vanessa Mitchell, Excellence in Staff Performance Award
- Professor Gary Nelson, Excellence in Public Engagement Award
- Clinical Instructor Theresa Palmer, Excellence in MSW Student Advising Award
- Clinical Assistant Professor Jennifer Vaughn, Excellence in School and University Service Award
- The Faculty and Staff Awards Committee also recognized Manuel Garcia, director of the Computing and Information Technology Unit (CITU), with a Special Recognition Award.