“10 Questions” is a feature where we get to know School of Social Work people better by asking them 10 personal questions. This month we interview Clinical Assistant Professor Lisa de Saxe Zerden, Ph.D.
1. What is your favorite class at UNC?
That’s tough—I would have to go with either SoWo530 or SoWo836 but I also love the foundation HBSE courses (SoWo500 & 505) for the topic variety.
2. What is your favorite TV show?
Breaking Bad, but now that it is over I need to find a new one.
3. What is your favorite food?
4. What is one skill you wish you could do better?
Speak Spanish or cook better…Marty Weems is always making fun of my simple lunches.
5. Who is the person in history you’d most like to meet?
6. If you could spend three hours doing anything, what would it be?
Getting to go to a yoga class and then being able to listen to “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me” completely uninterrupted!
7. Who is your best friend at another university?
Christiana Bratiotis at the Grace Abbott School of Social Work at UoN Omaha. We were in the same doctoral cohort and she continues to support me every day.
8. Who was your most inspirational teacher?
My 6th grade teacher Marilyn Vassos, who was a proud social activist and public educator.
9. What is the best thing about your family?
The total joy (and chaos) of three small children.
10. Where did you go for your last vacation?
Asheville—I never knew about it before! It reminds me of a mini Berkeley.