“10 Questions” is a new feature on Contact where we’ll get to know School of Social Work people better by asking them 10 personal questions.
Our first interviewee is Professor Kim Strom-Gottfried.
1. Who is your favorite performer?
2. What is your favorite food?
Chocolate chip cookies
3. What is your favorite place to visit?
Italy – anywhere, anytime
4. If you could teach in another department at UNC, what would it be?
5. What is one skill you wish you could do better?
6. If you could spend three hours doing anything, what would it be?
Reading a novel
7. Who is your best friend at another university?
Alice Lieberman (now at KU) appointed herself my manager in 1988 and has been a generous and hilarious colleague and companion ever since.
8. Who was your most inspirational teacher?
Mark Singer taught my first PhD class (on epistemology) at Case Western and gave me both knowledge and the confidence that I belonged in a doctoral program.
9. Who is your favorite former/current Carolina athlete?
Heather O’Reilly (# 9 Women’s Soccer, National Champion, Teacher, Olympic Gold Medalist)
10. What is the best thing about working at Carolina?
How easy it is to connect socially and professionally with outstanding people from a variety of disciplines.