The UNC School of Social Work is currently accepting nominations for the 2010 Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna Award. To qualify, the nominee must be a graduate of the School and meet some of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership and make significant contributions to the field of social work.
- Demonstrate a deep commitment to high ethical social work standards.
- Develop and/or implement major innovations that have improved the quality of life for members in her/his community.
- Benefit her/his clients, the professional community and the social work profession through special contributions, advocacy and involvement in professional, civic or community organizations.
- Be an effective advocate for social work issues.