Orange Partnership for Alcohol and Drug Free Youth (www.orangepartnership.org) is seeking a motivated, assertive, energetic professional to provide youth program support and communications assistance. The person in this position will primarily coordinate a small group of high school students (ADAPT) who are learning to be leaders, community advocates and peer educators around alcohol and other illegal drugs. ADAPT is an initiative of Orange Partnership, a community coalition working to prevent and reduce substance abuse among the youth of Hillsborough & rural Orange County through education, advocacy and environmental change. Orange Partnership operates under the fiscal management of Freedom House Recovery Center (www.freedomhouserecovery.org).
Job Title: Program Assistant
Hours: Approximately 15 –20 hours/week, flexible days.
Pay Range: $17 -$19/hour, based on experience.
How to Apply: Please submit application (http://freedomhouserecovery.org/careers/open-positions/) , cover letter, and resume, to Ivy Williams, HR Director, at Ivy.firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be “OP Program Assistant”. All required materials must be submitted together to be considered as an eligible applicant. Position will remain open until filled with priority consideration given to applications received by March 31st.
- Oversee Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Team (ADAPT) youth advocacy program, including but not limited to scheduling weekly meetings with students, liaising with school advisors, and coordinating relevant trainings, activities and recruitment.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of quarterly coalition newsletter.
- Coordinate monthly Talk It Up! newspaper column.
- Work with staff to record and disseminate meeting minutes and other communication with coalition members.
- Assist in maintaining current and relevant information on coalition website and social media sites. (Web site maintenance experience helpful but not necessary)
- Assist in the coordination of other coalition activities, based on need and interest.
· A bachelor’s degree OR at least 4 years relevant experience, required
· Experience working with adolescents in an advisory, support or leadership capacity, required
· Knowledge of adolescent substance abuse prevention, preferred
· Knowledge of Hillsborough and rural Orange County and their community resources, preferred
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and execute projects on time.
· Excellent written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write clearly,
professionally and strategically for the medium with exceptional attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form positive working relationships with diverse
· Strong computer and online/digital media literacy, including proficiency using social media
platforms (primarily Facebook and Twitter) and MS Office, required