Homelessness Coordinator - NC DHHS - Emergency Solutions Grant
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
The Division of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS) is responsible for State oversight of the 100 county departments of social services' (DSS) aging and adult social services programs and two Special Assistance benefits programs.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide program coordination for North Carolina's Federal Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG). Job responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate the payment of sub-recipient requisitions
- Provide technical assistance to sub-recipients
- Function as the program liaison with the DHHS Controller's Office
- Work with the NC Department of Commerce, the NC Housing Finance Agency and the DHHS AIDS Care Branch on the Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan and CAPER report; and function as the ESG point person
- Participate in the annual review of applications for ESG funds as well as the administration of annual contracts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Extensive knowledge of housing and homeless programs, barriers to accessing housing, and supportive services
- Knowledge of the State's housing and services system, partners, and activities
- Ability to interpret Federal and State laws and administrative rules and regulations governing these programs and several funding sources that support them
- Strong verbal/interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to create written documents, reports and other material using computer software applications
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, the Internet, and web-based data bases
- Ability to work independently and organize the efforts to carry out several simultaneous activities
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Master's degree in public or human service administration or a human services programmatic field, preferably with course work in human services planning, and two years of human service experience, one of which must have been in human service program planning; OR
- Graduation from a four-year college or university and four years of progressive administrative or consultative experience in a human service program, one of which must have been in human service program planning; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) selects applicants for employment based on job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or political influence.
For more information and to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/1667940/esg-homelessness-coordinator