Public Health Social Work Maternal and Child Health Leadership Training Program
at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The purpose of this project is to expand and strengthen the capacity of the School of Social Work at the University of North Carolina to provide leadership education for masters-level social work students and for public health social workers in the MCH field.
What we do
- Prepare social work graduate students with leadership skills for maternal and child health practice
- Collaborate with other Maternal and Child Health Bureau-funded leadership training programs at UNC to provide interdisciplinary leadership training
- Develop and disseminate curriculum, teaching modules, and other educational resources to enhance MCH content in schools of social work
- Collaborate with MCHB-funded social work leadership training programs at the University of Maryland School of Social Work and the University of Pittsburgh School of Public Health to provide continuing education to public health social workers for leadership roles in MCH
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to the MCH community
- Collaborate with other public health social work associations to provide workforce development and leadership training
Refugees Overview Module
The SSW MCH site has been going through numerous changes to make it easier to navigate, offer new content, and be extensible into the future. Look for more news and updates in this sidebar.