Attractions Attractions in Rockingham County include:
- the state parks of the Dan and Mayo rivers, near Madison
- the historic downtown areas of Leaksville, Draper and Spray in Eden
- the Chinqua-Penn Plantation in Reidsville
- the historic Penn House, located in Reidsville
- One of the most famous attractions of the Reidsville area is Lake Reidsville
- Various historic shops are found in the county
Education All public schools in Rockingham County are a part of Rockingham County Schools. The area includes government elementary, middle, and high schools including 25 different schools which include:
- The elementary are Bethany School, Moss Street, Central, Leaksville-Spray, Dillard, Monroeton School, Douglass, Draper, South End School, Lawsonville Avenue, Stoneville, Lincoln, Wentworth, Huntsville, Williamsburg, and a magnet school New Vision.
- The middle schools are Holmes, Rockingham County, Reidsville, and Western Rockingham.
- The high schools are McMichael, Morehead, Reidsville, and Rockingham.
Other schools are Rockingham County Early College (for high school students only), and Rockingham Community College, located in Wentworth.