Distinguished Alumni Awards
The School of Social Work has recognized the following alumni for their leadership and contributions to the field of social work:
Alumni of the Year
2012 No award given
2011 No award given
2010 JoAnn McCatchern Swart '78 and Myrna Miller Wellons '96
2009 Bobby Boyd '69, Ella Craig '50, Michelle Hughes '95, Constance Renz '74
2008 Diann Dawson '74, Debra Jenkins '77, Amanda Stone '94
2007 Holly Bowles Blanton '77, Isabel Geffner '02
2006 Connie Bonebrake '86, Louise Coggins '80, Robert Gorman '78
2005 Edwin Chapin '67, Gay Morris '81, Matt Sullivan '97, Gail Varley '80
2003 Sarah Austin ’64, Andrea Bazan Manson ’95
2002 Molly Barker '89, Sonja "Yvette" Murphy '90, Robert Stump '69
2001 McCray Benson '90, William Pollard '69
2000 Bill Britton '65, Marilyn Maxwell '72
1999 Linda Miller Summer '48
1997 Ruby Demesme '79
1996 Frank Raymond '65
1995 Martha Beach '75
1993 Yangcha Crabb '74
1992 Sandra Mastin Cook '74
Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna Award Nominations
Please e-mail your nominations to Mary Beth Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15. Be sure to include a letter or paragraph about the person you are nominating which explains why you are making the nomination.
To qualify, the nominee must be a graduate of the School and meet some of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership and make significant contributions to the field of social work.
- Demonstrate a deep commitment to high ethical social work standards.
- Develop and/or implement major innovations that have improved the quality of life for members in her/his community.
- Benefit her/his clients, the professional community, and the social work profession through special contributions, advocacy, and involvement in professional, civic, or community organizations.
- Be an effective advocate for social work issues.