Current School of Social Work students and graduates can point to a variety of reasons for choosing UNC, but many agree on the Top 5 Academic Reasons below:
- US News & World Report ranked the UNC School of Social Work MSW Program #5 out of 206 evaluated nationwide. And Carolina was ranked 5th best public university in the United States, for the 8th consecutive year.
- The MSW Program is such a great deal! Compared to other top-ranked schools in the nation, Carolina offers a great education while keeping costs to a minimum.
- The University of North Carolina is a Research 1 Institution, and School of Social Work students are drawn to the program because it employs evidence-based practices and stays ahead of the curve on changing trends.
- Simultaneous field and course work is essential! Each semester, students are placed in more than 250 different agencies throughout North Carolina. Field placements give students hands-on training while they complete their degrees.
- Through the Jordan Institute for Families, the School continues to secure external funding for research, training and technical assistance activities. This work is vital to human services agencies throughout North Carolina and the nation.