Want to Know More?
Attend an information session in Chapel Hill
Information sessions give potential applicants a chance to meet some of the faculty, staff and students and to ask questions about the School of Social Work. The curriculum, field placements, financial aid, and admissions requirements, are among the topics discussed. Faculty members will provide a brief presentation on their areas of practice/research interests and a student panel will answer additional questions from prospective applicants.
- Friday, February 10 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 10 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 21 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 22 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Please note that the sessions have varying times. They are held in Room 300 of the SSW (Tate-Turner-Kuralt Building, 325 Pittsboro St.) unless otherwise noted.
Attend a 3-year Distance Education Information Session
- Wednesday, September 21 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 15 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
These sessions are held at the UNC School of Social Work (Tate-Turner-Kuralt Building) in room 300. Please contact Travis Albritton to register for a session and for parking information.
Winston Salem Program
- Wednesday, September 7 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 29 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 6 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
These sessions are held in Winston Salem at Forsyth County Department of Social Services. Please contact Tina Souders to RSVP for a session.
Talk To a Current Student
Our Student Ambassadors give prospective students the opportunity to learn more about the School of Social Work and UNC through their perspective. The ambassadors are happy to answer questions about academics and student life.