The School of Social Work pursues a wide range of applicants from diverse backgrounds. We want students who desire to work in a range of fields of practice, are interested in a mixture of geographic areas, and have a broad concern for different populations.
We want students who will work with children and adults, including the elderly, who live in rural, urban, and suburban communities; with racially diverse populations; and with those who are ill or challenged by mental and physical disabilities. We want applicants who can build on the strengths inherent in vulnerable and oppressed populations.
We want leaders who bring compassion and wisdom to the most intransigent social problems. We want you!
What to do next:
- Review the admissions and program information on this Web site.
- See the Frequently Asked Questions about our program.
- Register for an information session if possible, or come to our Open House in September.
- Interested in a campus tour? Click here to schedule your campus tour today!
- Contact us today! or call 919-962-4905
Visit our student blog for a glimpse of our program -- and Chapel Hill -- from the student angle